WHAT IS GOOD HEALTH?
We often ask our near ones – How is your health?
One asks it with an intention of how the person is doing physically, which is normal human nature. The meaning of health is something of a huge concept. It includes physical as well as mental health of a person. The World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948 has defined health as :
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, mental health refers to a person’s emotional, social, and psychological well-being. There was a time where we used to hear about eating healthy, keeping our bodies fit, exercising but today our main focus areas also include to keep our minds healthy and fit. Keeping a healthy mind helps us to provide a good balance.A key to successful fitness starts from maintaining your mind. Our modern lives cannot be only running because of physical fitness but being mentally calm and healthy is way too important. Our bodies feel the pain but our mind controls it, which increases the importance of a healthy mind.
Physical Health is the state where a body functions properly and is in the ability to process work normally. Being physically fit means to protect our bodies from diseases. Good exercise,proper food and diet,promotes good physical health . Taking care of your physical health keeps your well being balanced which in turn keeps your mental health balanced. Some ways to achieve good physical and mental health are :-
- Exercise for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not skip meals.
- Drink water in a good quantity.
- Include carbohydrates and fibres in daily diet.
- Eat nutritious food.
- Take long walks alone.
- Learn something new.
- Listen to music.
- Adapt a daily routine.
- Talk and share to your near ones.
- Make a good sleep schedule.
In our daily schedule it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle by taking care of our mind and body. Healthy mind and body clears the way to a healthy soul. The most important thing to remember is that only you can make changes in your lifestyle, so you have to make a mindful difference.
“Glowing skin is a result of proper skin care. It means you wear less makeup and let skin shine through.”
– Michael Coulombe
Tips for Healthy Skin
1. Limit bathe time and use warm water and not hot water.
2. Use mild cleansers and not harsh products.
3. Avoid dry skin.
4. Wash your face twice a day (once in the morning and once at night).
5. Remove your makeup before going to bed.
6. Exfoliate once or twice in a week.
7. Use pat drying method.
8. Keep your pillow cases clean .
9. Use the basic skin care routine (Cleanser, toner, moisturizer)
10. Don’t expose your skin too much in the sun and make use of sunblock or sunscreen having a spf 30.
11. Get enough sleep if at least 7 to 8 hours.
12. Stay hydrated.
13. Consume healthy and nutritious diet. Avoid too much salt and sugar.
14. Avoiding touching your face.
15. Make yoga a part of your life.
16. Choose right skincare products or rely on to home remedies as they don’t posses side effects.